The Wireless Research Center at the Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology aims at establishing a world-class cross-disciplinary research facility with close-ties to the industry, both at the national and international levels. We work on both basic and applied research in wireless networking and communications, their applications and their hardware implementations.
- Professor Moustafa Youssef has been awarded a Google Faculty Research Award. Google Research Awards are presented “to support the work of world-class full-time faculty members at top universities around the world. Recipients are selected through a comprehensive internal review process, involving several teams of Google engineers and researchers.”
- Professor Moustafa Youssef has been named an ACM Distinguished Scientist. The Distinguished Member grade of the ACM recognizes members with at least 15 years of professional experience and five years of membership who have achieved significant accomplishments, making a substantial impact on the field of computing. According to Vinton G. Cerf, ACM president, recipients are “the problem solvers, prophets, and producers who are powering the future of the digital age.”
- The Dejavu system has been awarded the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) 2014 innovation award. The award aims at recognizing and celebrating individuals and institutions that have used science and technology to come up with new innovations that have the potential for long-term significant impact on national and regional levels. Both Professor Moustafa Youssef and Heba Aly have been invited to attend the award ceremony during the COMESA summit head by the head of states and governments.
- Our paper: “Dejavu: An Accurate Energy-Efficient Outdoor Localization System” has won the Best Paper Award for the Twenty First ACM SIGSpatial GIS Conference.
Congrats Heba Aly and Professor Moustafa Youssef.
- The CrowdInside system has been awarded the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) 2013 innovation award. The innovation award aims at recognizing and celebrating individuals and institutions that have used science and technology to come up with new innovative methods and productions. Both Professor Moustafa Youssef and Moustafa Alzantot have been invited to attend the award ceremony held in Congo during the COMESA summit head by the head of states and governments.
- Professor Moustafa Youssef has been selected as an ACM Distinguished Speaker. The ACM Distinguished Speaker Program provides colleges and universities, corporations, event and conference planners, and agencies – in addition to ACM local Chapters – with direct access to top technology leaders and innovators from nearly every sector of the computing industry. The program features renowned thought leaders in academia, industry and government, speaking about the most important topics in the computing and IT world today.